- A woman's fight to hail Eileen Chang in the West
- Her work has inspired Oscar-winning director Ang Lee and she is considered one of the most important Chinese writers of the 20th century, but Eileen Chang has yet to make a major impact in the West.
- Cuban painter tastes fame at 101
- Cuban-American artist Carmen Herrera has been painting for decades. And painting. And painting. At age 89, she finally sold something.
- From mom-made porridge to Laba Festival
- The Laba Festival, a traditional Chinese festival, falls on Jan. 5 this year. Chinese people eat Laba porridge on the day and pray for peace and good health in the coming year.
- See globalization throught art
- An ongoing exhibition examines the economic, social and cultural transformations of the BRICS countries. The works on display show how artists react to these shifts.