- Conservative approach taken on pension funds
Chairman of the National Council for Social Security Fund said on Wednesday that they would adopt a conservative investment approach for the management of local pension funds.
- Proposal to better protect rare porpoise
The endangered Yangtze finless porpoise has about a decade until extinction unless it is elevated to the nation's top-class protected species list, national political advisers from Hubei province warned.
- Xinjiang to make record-high investments in transportation infrastructure
The Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region will invest heavily in more high-speed railways and highways to build a high-quality transportation network that can truly support the Belt and Road Initiative.
- A 2nd child: to bear or not to bear?
Eligible couples are not all convinced about having a second baby, in spite of China's overall relaxation of a decades-long family planning policy last year.
- First impetus for supply-side reform
2017 is a crucial year for supply-side structural reform. Revitalizing the real economy was listed as one of the four tasks for supply-side structural reform at the Central Economic Work Conference at the end of last year.
- Proposal on nursery provision meets with mothers’ approval
China's working mothers have welcomed a proposal on the provision of public nursery services made at the annual two sessions in Beijing.
- Misuse of halal labeling curtailed
- The misuse of halal labels in the Ningxia Hui autonomous region, though not yet widespread, must be curbed, the region's top official said.
- Stealth fighter soon powered by local engines
- A domestically developed engine will soon power the nation's latest stealth fighter jet, according to a senior scientist working for Aero Engine Corp of China.
- One-China policy foundation of China-US relations
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said Wednesday that the one-China policy will remain as the foundation of China-U.S. relations.
- Sports chief calls for caution on excessive foreign-player transfers
- The new sports minister, Gou Zhongwen, called on Wednesday for caution on soccer clubs' excessive spending on foreign players, stressing that more restrictive measures to curb the irrational investment will be implemented.
- Chinese authorities are beefing up quality supervision for goods sold online amid increasing e-commerce activities in the country, said an official from the quality and inspection regulator in Beijing on March. 14.
- What is the nature of the NPC?
- What is the legislative process of the NPC?
- What happens at a plenary session of the NPC?
- What happens at the delegation meetings?
- What are the responsibilities of the NPC Presidium?
- How does the NPC relate to other state organs?
- What sort of body is the NPC Standing Committee?