China's safeguard investigation into imported beef continues

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, April 03, 2025
Adjust font size:

BEIJING, April 3 (Xinhua) -- After China launched a safeguard investigation into imported beef, procedures such as the distribution of questionnaires and public hearings have been completed, a spokesperson for the Ministry of Commerce said on Thursday.

On Dec. 27 last year, China launched a safeguard investigation into imported beef, in response to an application submitted by the domestic beef industry.

He Yadong, the spokesperson, when responding to a question in this regard at a regular press conference, said that Chinese authorities conduct their investigations and disclose relevant information in strict compliance with Chinese laws and World Trade Organization rules.

Moving forward, authorities will review and verify information obtained from questionnaires, and via relevant comments and suggestions, the spokesperson revealed.

Authorities will give full consideration to feedback from stakeholders and will, within the prescribed investigation timeline, make an objective and impartial ruling based on facts and legal provisions, He added. Enditem

Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter