Mongolian PM urges public to receive COVID-19 booster shot

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, November 1, 2021
Adjust font size:

ULAN BATOR, Nov. 1 (Xinhua) -- Mongolian Prime Minister Luvsannamsrai Oyun-Erdene on Monday urged the public to receive a booster or a third dose of COVID-19 vaccines as his country began to resume sports and cultural activities.

People who want to participate in or visit indoor cultural and sports events must be tested with rapid testing or take a booster shot, Oyun-Erdene said in a statement.

"Mongolia's economy contracted for the second time in its history last year due to COVID-19 lockdowns. Therefore, as the Prime Minister, I urge our citizens to be responsible and take the booster dose in order not to impose a strict lockdown again," he said.

The country with a population of around 3.4 million has so far confirmed 361,505 cases, with 1,672 related deaths.

So far, 65.8 percent of the population has received two doses of COVID-19 vaccines while more than 416,000 people have taken the booster dose.

According to the country's health ministry, at least 50 percent of the population need a booster. Enditem

Follow China.org.cn on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
ChinaNews App Download
Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter