分享缩略图
 

3 killed in fresh U.S. airstrikes on Yemen's Hodeidah province

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, April 2, 2025
Adjust font size:

SANAA, April 1 (Xinhua) -- At least three people were killed in fresh U.S. airstrikes on Yemen's western province of Hodeidah on Tuesday night, Houthi media and residents said.

The strikes targeted a "water project and its building" in the district of Mansouria in central Hodeidah, they said.

Residents of the district told Xinhua that the search for possible survivors under the rubble is underway.

The U.S. military also carried out a series of airstrikes on several locations in the northwestern provinces of Hajjah and Saada, with no casualties reported, according to Houthi media.

Earlier in the day, Houthi media reported a new wave of U.S. airstrikes on several locations in northern Yemen, including Mount Nabi Shu'ayb in Bani Matar district, west of the capital Sanaa, and sites in Saada province. No casualties were reported.

The U.S. military has not commented on the airstrikes.

The Iran-aligned Houthis, who control much of northern Yemen, have been fighting the internationally recognized government since 2014.

The U.S. military has resumed airstrikes on Houthi-held areas in northern Yemen since March 15 in a bid to deter the group from attacking Israeli targets, the U.S. Navy, and international shipping lanes in the region.

Last week, U.S. President Donald Trump said U.S. airstrikes against the Houthis would continue "for a long time." Enditem

Follow China.org.cn on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
ChinaNews App Download
Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter