分享缩略图
 

Bomb threat triggers panic at Museum in India's Kolkata

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, April 2, 2025
Adjust font size:

NEW DELHI, April 2 (Xinhua) -- Authorities in the eastern Indian city of Kolkata launched a massive search at the iconic Indian Museum on Tuesday following a bomb scare, officials said.

According to police, the Indian Museum received an email suggesting bombs were placed at the over 200-year-old building.

The scare triggered panic, following which police and bomb disposal squad rushed to the spot to carry out searches.

The museum was closed to visitors until a clearance was received from police, a police officer said. "Apart from the bomb disposal squad, sniffer dogs and a quick response team have been positioned in and around the building. Cyber police have also started a probe to trace the source of the email."

However, the threat turned out to be a hoax. Police said nothing suspicious was found inside the building.

In January last year, the museum received a similar threat, and visitors were asked to leave the building immediately. Enditem

Follow China.org.cn on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
ChinaNews App Download
Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter