分享缩略图
 

Zambia confirms 36 mpox cases since October outbreak

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, April 3, 2025
Adjust font size:

LUSAKA, April 2 (Xinhua) -- Zambia's confirmed mpox cases have risen to 36 since the outbreak was declared in the southern African country in October last year, the Ministry of Health said Wednesday, following five new cases recorded in the past week.

Acting Minister of Health Douglas Syakalima said that three of the new cases were detected in Lusaka, the country's capital, while Isoka district in Muchinga Province and Lukulu district in Western Province each registered one case.

Providing a national situation update, Syakalima noted that Lusaka has now recorded a total of 20 cases, followed by Copperbelt Province with 10, Muchinga Province with three, Western Province with two, and Central Province with one.

So far, 26 patients have recovered and been discharged, while nine cases remain active, eight of which are under home isolation.

"The government remains committed to swiftly identifying mpox cases, ensuring timely treatment and isolation to protect the public and curb further spread," he said.

Zambia reported its first mpox case in October last year, with the first death confirmed last month.

Meanwhile, the country's cumulative cholera cases have reached 471, following seven new infections in the past 24 hours, while the death toll remains at nine. Enditem

Follow China.org.cn on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
ChinaNews App Download
Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter