ZAGREB, April 3 (Xinhua) -- Croatian Defense Minister Ivan Anusic reiterated on Thursday that the country will not send its soldiers to Ukraine, although it will continue to provide military assistance to Ukraine.
"Croatian soldiers will not go to Ukraine. This should be emphasized," Anusic told the media in a statement.
"Croatia will continue to provide military assistance to Ukraine, and it is necessary to achieve a just peace, which is the only one that can be sustainable," he said.
Croatian Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic said the same while he was in Paris last week attending a meeting of about 30 leaders on peace and security in Ukraine, emphasizing that Croatia never had such a plan.
Croatian President Zoran Milanovic has repeatedly voiced his opposition to sending Croatian soldiers to Ukraine, and has maintained that the United States and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) are engaged in a proxy war against Russia through Ukraine, and slammed the Western sanctions on Russia as absurd, useless. Enditem
Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)