分享缩略图
 

Xinhua Middle East news summary at 2200 GMT, April 3

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, April 4, 2025
Adjust font size:

GAZA -- At least 31 Palestinians were killed and more than 100 others wounded on Thursday when an Israeli airstrike hit a school sheltering displaced persons in the Al-Tuffah neighborhood in eastern Gaza City, according to the Civil Defense in Gaza.

Mahmoud Basal, a Civil Defense spokesman, told Xinhua that rescue teams recovered the bodies of 31 victims, including 18 children and an elderly woman, from the rubble of Dar Al-Arqam school, which had been struck by multiple Israeli missiles. (Gaza-Israeli Airstrike-Casualties)

- - - -

KHARTOUM -- At least 89 people have been killed and hundreds wounded in attacks by the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) on villages south of Omdurman city, north of the Sudanese capital Khartoum, volunteer groups said on Thursday.

The RSF's attacks on 15 villages in the Al-Jamouiya area involved "indiscriminate shelling, direct gunfire, and armed clashes," the Sudanese Emergency Lawyers Initiative said in a statement. (Sudan-Civil War-Deaths)

- - - -

DAMASCUS -- Israeli warplanes conducted two airstrikes on Thursday evening, targeting the 75th Brigade near the town of al-Kiswah, south of Damascus, Syrian state television reported.

No immediate details were provided regarding casualties or the extent of damage from the strikes.

The attacks followed a significant wave of Israeli airstrikes on Wednesday, which targeted five locations across Syria, including Damascus, Hama, Daraa, and Homs, and caused human casualties and material damage. (Syria-Israeli Airstrikes)

- - - -

JERUSALEM -- Israel's military said on Thursday it has entered a "new stage" of its offensive in Gaza, escalating operations that have killed over 250 people it identified as militants or Hamas-affiliated individuals since mid-March, while Palestinian health officials reported a higher death toll.

Israel Defense Forces Spokesperson Effie Defrin stated that Israeli forces had conducted more than 600 strikes in Gaza since resuming operations on March 18, following the collapse of a ceasefire. (Israel-Gaza-Offensive) Enditem

Follow China.org.cn on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
ChinaNews App Download
Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter