分享缩略图
 

Ex-Brazil midfielder Luiz Gustavo hospitalized with blood clot

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail Xinhua, April 6, 2025
Adjust font size:

RIO DE JANEIRO, April 5 (Xinhua) -- Veteran Sao Paulo midfielder Luiz Gustavo was admitted to the hospital on Saturday with a blood clot in the lungs, the Brazilian Serie A club said on Saturday.

The 37-year-old former Brazil international is being treated at the Albert Einstein hospital in Sao Paulo after complaining of chest pain while training on Saturday morning.

"The player has been hospitalized for observation and treatment," Sao Paulo said in a statement. "He will remain in hospital for the next few days, pending further assessments. We wish our number 16 a speedy recovery."

Gustavo joined Sao Paulo last year, marking his return to Brazil after 17 years in Europe and Asia.

Capped 41 times for Brazil's national team, his career has included spells at Bayern Munich, Wolfsburg, Marseille and Fenerbahce, among other clubs. Enditem

Follow China.org.cn on Twitter and Facebook to join the conversation.
ChinaNews App Download
Print E-mail Bookmark and Share

Go to Forum >>0 Comment(s)

No comments.

Add your comments...

  • User Name Required
  • Your Comment
  • Enter the words you see:   
    Racist, abusive and off-topic comments may be removed by the moderator.
Send your storiesGet more from China.org.cnMobileRSSNewsletter