1. Introduction to Beihang University
Beihang University (BUAA), formerly called Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, was founded in 1952 and was the first university in aerospace technology in China. Since 1950s, BUAA has been one of the 16 state key universities of China. Through more than 50 years' development BUAA has grown into a science and technology university with aerospace features, combining disciplines in science, engineering, liberal arts, law, economics, management and education, while maintaining the leading role in technology. At present 24,000 students are enrolled in BUAA and among them over 10,000 are graduates. There are 49 fields led to doctoral degree, 144 fields led to master degree and 48 specialties of bachelor degree. BUAA has accepted over 1000 foreign students from more than 70 countries in 2009. Among them over 500 are studying for degree programs, including master or doctoral degree and more than 400 are studying Chinese Language in Chinese Training Center of BUAA. English or Chinese is used as courses and instruction language for the master and doctoral programs, as well as the senior students.
BUAA locates in Beijing, the capital of China and is one of the most famous universities in China equipped with advanced laboratories and teaching facilities. The campus of BUAA is adjacent to the High-Tech Park of Beijing and Olympic park is notable for its beautiful environment, convenient transportation and complete service, including various sports facilities as well as bank, post office, canteen etc. in students daily life.
• Applicants are expected to study hard, observe the Chinese laws and the regulations of BUAA
• Applicants should have the equivalent of a high school education
• Applicants are expected to have good scores and studied hard in high school
• Applicants should be under thirty five years old in genera
• Applicants should have good command of English and the ability to take courses in English; Applicants are required to submit the certificates of 90 or more in TOEFL, 5.5 or more in IELTS or any other proofs about English level. All the applicants should pass the English Level Test at the beginning of the first semester in BUAA
Since the autumn semester 2008, the undergraduate programs in English have been available for foreign students in several fields. The first batch of the undergraduate programs in English (4 years) is as follows:
• International Economics and Trade
• Electronic Information Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering and Automation
• Flight Vehicle Design and Engineering (Aero)
• Electrical Engineering and Automation
4. Application Procedures and Required Documents
Step 1: Apply online / Download Application Form
Apply online by visiting http://is.buaa.edu.cn, you can also download the Application Form for Undergraduate Program from the website and fill out it offline.
Step 2: Prepare Materials
1. The Application Form for Undergraduate Program which should be completed by the applicant
2. A Health certificate with a seal of a clinic or hospital by a medical doctor after a physical examination
3. Copies of the applicants diploma or certificate
4. The transcripts of academic records in high school
5. A copy of the passport identification page and four passport-sized photos
Note: All the documents listed above should be provided in English or Chinese, or with a translation in English or Chinese.
Step 3: Submit Materials
All materials should be mailed or delivered directly to the Foreign Students Office (International School) of BUAA.
5. Duration & Fees
Duration: 4 Year
Tuition Fee: 26,000 RMB/Yr.
Insurance: 600 RMB/Yr.
Registration: 400 RMB
||Two room apartment with a bathroom and kitchen: 1,300 RMB/Mth. per room*
|Da-yun-cun Dormitory No.10 BLDG
||Shared bed-room with a bathroom: 550 RMB/Mth. per bed*
|Single room with bathroom: 1,100 RMB/Mth. per room*
* Electric and water costs are not included.
7. Important Date
• Application Deadline: June 10th, 2011
For scholarships, please visit the website of International School of BUAA
• Registration Date: September, 2011
8. Contact Information
Mr. GU, Ms GAO,
ADDRESS: Room 215, International School, Beihang University
37 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100191, P.R. China
TEL: 86-10-82339165, 86-10-82316488,
(China Scholarship Council May 17, 2011)