六、now 表示警告、命令、请求、说明、安慰等,可译为“喂”、“喏”、“好了”等,有时也可不必译出。
1. Now, now, you two; don’t fight again.
喂,喂,你们俩,别再打了。
2. Now, now, my boy! It's all right! There's no need to cry!
好了,好了,孩子,没事了,别哭了。
3. Now, let's play basketball.
喏,咱们打篮球吧!
4. Now, lift me up, Doctor, lift me up. Where is he?
把我扶起来吧,医生,把我扶起来。他在哪里?
七、there表示得意、鼓励、同情、悲哀、不耐烦、失望、安慰、挑衅、引起注意等,可译为“哟”、“瞧”、“好啦”、“得啦”等。
1. There! There! Never mind, you'll soon feel better.
好啦,好啦,不要紧,你马上会好的。
2. There, there, you said too much.
得啦,得啦,你说的太多了。
3. There, I've filled it up again.
瞧,我又把它灌满了。
4. There, what's that?
哟,那是什么?
八、man表示兴奋、轻蔑、不耐烦、引起注意、可译为“啊”、“嗨”等。
1. "Use you knife, man!" ordered the British officer nearby.
“嗨,用刀子割!”旁边的英国军官命令道。
2. Hurry up, man.
嗨,快点。
3. We have won the match, man!
啊,我们胜利了!
九、boy表示高兴、兴奋、惊奇等,可译为“嘿”、“哇”、“哼”、“怎么样”等。
1. Boy, oh, boy! Our team's going to win! How fantastic!
哇,怎么样,我们队要赢了!真是太好了!
2. Boy! This soup is good, Mama!
嘿,妈妈,这汤好得很。
3. Oh, boy! I just had a wonderful dream!
嘿,我刚才做了个好梦。
十、此外还有:
ha(惊奇、疑惑、鄙视)
Ha! Proud as these nobles are, he is afraid to see me.
哈!这些贵族尽管傲慢,他却害怕见到我。
aha(得意、惊奇、嘲弄、满意)
The trousers are all right; now the waistcoat; aha, right again.
裤子合身;再请穿上背心试试;啊哈,也很合适。
hey(喜悦、打招呼)
Hey! I didn't expect to meet you here.
嗨,我没想到会在这儿遇到你。
sh(制止、引起注意)
They were about to go down, when Tom suddenly whispered, "Sh! Keep still. Don't move!"
他们正想下去,这时汤姆突然低声道:“嘘,安静,别动!”
why(吃惊、抗议)
Why, what's the harm?
咳,这有什么害处呢?
nonsense(胡说)
"Nonsense," the king shouted. "My cook is the best cook in the world."
“胡说!”那国王喊道,“我的厨师是世界上最好的厨师。”
good heavens(惊异、不高兴)
"Good heavens! Listen to that silly child," said the father.
“天哪!听听那傻孩子在瞎说些什么!”孩子的父亲说。 (来源:corner.youth.cn) |