What Do You Really Want from Us?
By Duo-Liang Lin
|
你们究竟要我们怎样生存?
林良多 |
When we were the Sick Man of Asia, we were called the Yellow Peril. |
当我们是东亚病夫时,我们被说成是黄祸; |
When we are billed to be the next Superpower, we are called The Threat. |
当我们被预言将成为超级大国时,又被称为主要威胁。 |
When we closed our doors, you smuggled drugs to open markets. |
当我们闭关自守时,你们走私鸦片强开门户; |
When we embrace free trade, you blame us for taking away your jobs. |
当我们拥抱自由贸易时,却被责骂抢走了你们的饭碗。 |
When we were falling apart, you marched in your troops and wanted your fair share. |
当我们风雨飘摇时,你们铁蹄入侵要求机会均等; |
When we tried to put the broken pieces back together again, Free Tibet, you screamed. It was an invasion! |
当我们整合破碎山河时,你们却叫嚣“给西藏自由”。 |
When tried communism, you hated us for being communist. |
当我们推行马列救国时,你们痛恨我们信仰共产主义; |
When we embrace capitalism, you hate us for being capitalist. |
当我们实行市场经济时,你们又嫉妒我们有了资本。 |
When we have a billion people, you said we were destroying the planet. |
当我们的人口超过十亿时,你们说我们摧毁地球; |
When we tried limiting our numbers, you said we abused human rights. |
当我们限制人口增长时,你们又说我们践踏人权。 |
When we were poor, you thought we were dogs. |
当我们一贫如洗时,你们视我们低贱如狗; |
When we loan you cash, you blame us for your national debts. |
当我们借钱给你们时,你们又埋怨使你们国债累累。 |
When we build our industries, you call us polluters. |
当我们发展工业时,你们说我们是污染源; |
When we sell you goods, you blame us for global warming. |
当我们把产品卖给你们时,你们又说造成地球变暖。 |
When we buy oil, you call it exploitation and genocide. |
当我们购买石油时,你们说我们掠夺资源、灭绝种族; |
When you go to war for oil, you call it liberation. |
当你们为石油开战时,却说自己解救生灵。 |
When we were lost in chaos and rampage, you demanded rules of law. |
当我们动乱无序时,你们说我们没有法治; |
When we uphold law and order against violence, you call it violating human rights. |
当我们依法平暴时,你们又说我们违反人权。 |
When we were silent, you said you wanted us to have free speech. |
当我们保持沉默时,你们说我们没有言论自由; |
When we are silent no more, you say we are brainwashed-xenophobes. |
当我们敢于发声时,又被说成是洗过脑的暴民。 |
"Why do you hate us so much?" we asked. |
我们不禁要问:“为什么你们这样憎恨我们?” |
"No," you answered, "we don't hate you." |
你们回答说:“不,我们不恨你们。” |
"We don't hate you either, but, do you understand us?" |
“我们也不恨你们,只是,你们了解我们吗?” |
"Of course we do," you said, "We have AFP, CNN and BBC's ..." |
“当然了解,我们消息多的是,有法新社、美国有线新闻网、还有英国广播公司……” |
What do you really want from us? |
你们究竟要我们怎样生存? |
Think hard first, then answer, Because you only get so many chances. |
回答之前请仔细想一想,因为你们的机会是有限的。 |
Enough is enough, enough hypocrisy for this one world. |
够了,这个世界已经容不下太多的伪善。 |
We want one world, one dream, and peace on earth. |
我们要的是同一个世界,同一个梦想,太平盛世。 |
This big blue earth is big enough for all of us. |
这个辽阔的蓝色地球,容得下你们,也容得下我们。 |
Go to Forum >>0 Comments